Lift Off

Well, the book has been officially launched. Friday night at Avid Reader Bookstore in West End was the venue and Mr Benjamin Law was my launcher. He did a marvelous job and I must bake him something yummy by way of thanks. Actually I think I'll just buy something because I can't bake to save my life. It was so nice to meet his gorgeous mother as well.


There were people there that I hadn't seen for over thirty years and of course we hadn't changed all that much (in our own eyes). I met my editor for the first time face-to-face and she brought along her beautiful baby boy. My own darling son Ben was there as well. Old school mates, new friends, a sprinkling of family and some complete strangers as well.

The after party saw us reveling through the inner city, eating Chinese food, taking in some music and stumbling home very late/early. The last guest is yet to leave two days later!!!

Where to from here? Well just lots of coffee and Berocca today....cos I've lost my bounce.

I must get on with the job of being a writer. Finish the final draft of the sequel....I'll post photos of the event as soon as I get some from my sister. My camera has gone psycho and all my photos came out with a disco.neon blur but maybe that's how the night really was. I just don't know.

I can't believe I told the audience the other night that the best way to score a try with a rock-star is to target the ugliest guy in the band.....and that I'm still waiting patiently for Rod Stewart to  rock my boat!

I think I even said that I fancied one of the guys in One Direction.....Hey, while it's fun to knock the latest cutie-pie boy band....the fact is that there is one that is definitely interesting....he has a bit of facial hair so he can't be all that young, can he???? Oh I must stop....it's all that Berocca....going to my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog